Traditional 235 work days - PROTECH/ADMIN
Salary Range: $20.26 - $24.17 hour
Essential Functions and Objectives:
This position will assist the Campus Manager at Evie Dennis Campus to support a dual finction office that includes Community Use/Facility Planning Coordination, as well as the daily assistant to the Campus Manager. The DPS Community Use Department administers the scheduling and rental of district space for District Groups and non-academic activities. These activities includes school sponsored events, in District groups and rental to the general public for a variety of functions. The campus Manager manages the daily operations of property functions.
1. Establish and maintain effective working relationships with the facilities personnel, school administration/staff and the public.
- Assist Campus Manager in the coordination of a dual-function office that includes Community Use/Facility Planning Coordination and Campus Management.
- Create and manage agreements for all community use at Evie Dennis Campus.
- Monitor changes to community use schedules and communicate with appropriate parties.
- Interact with both school administration and the general public in accepting and confirming requests for the use of space.
- Facilitate creative solutions in negotiating the use of space, coordinating the interaction between school administration and outside groups.
- Communicate with facility managers and DPS security as needed to insure open, safe and clean facilities are available for use.
- Interact with the numerous departments, some of which are, Facilities Operations and Maintenance, ELA, Extended Learning, Construction Services, Food Services, IBAS and Sustainability.
- Attend regular meetings with Campus Manager and campus leadership
2. Responsible for invoices and collections for community use at EDC.
- Calculate billing fees for chargeable customer rentals, and manage the paperwork and insurance requirements for billable events.
- Send timely contracts and invoices.
- Track payments from customers.
- Issue credits, refunds and collection notices.
- Tracking overtime needs reports to make sure of correct charges.
- Responsible for monitoring delinquent customer billings.
- Provide complex audit/dashboard reports on facility usage and revenue generation.
3. Provide high level administrative support to the Campus Manager:
- Maintain effective and efficient day to day operation of main campus office.
- Required to know expert level management of the campus.
- Monitor school closures and changes in district policy, as it pertains to Community Use at EDC.
- Communicate with the program developer for effective system updates and features.
- Maintain standard operating procedures for EDC management.
- Plan and coordinate events which includes preparing presentations, meeting logistics and other arrangements.
Knowledge, Experience, & Other Qualifications:
- Three (3) or more years' experience in administrative and/or customer service communications.
- Three (3) or more years' experience working with accounting system applications. Experience with account codes, budgets, and the DPS Strategic Sourcing Department is a plus.
- Demonstrated advanced-level knowledge and experience with computer-based spreadsheet. data base, and word processing software.
- Demonstrated experience producing various general office documents, analysis and recommendations.
- Must be able to solve problems both simple and complex.
- Must be able to deal with critical inquires, complaints, negotiations, and develop and maintain information.
- An aptitude for quickly learning new applications.
- Willing to seek assistance when needed.
- Persistent enough to stay with a frustrating problem until it is resolved.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills with the ability to interface with all levels of customers or management.
- Temperament to work under pressure and maintain effective working relationships with fellow employees and other departments.
- Coordinate and collaborate with District staff at all levels, in all departments.
- Plan prioritize, and organize work, at times with interruptions.
- Highly effective oral and written communication skills required and the ability to influence, convince, and persuade others.
- Work independently or with a team.
- Have an attention to detail to maintain accuracy.
- On occasion, the ability to communicate and interact with discourteous people.
- Ability to meet strict deadlines.
- Strong analytics and problem solving skills are required.
- High level of personal integrity is required.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
Thank you for your interest in the DPS Operations Department. We are looking for individuals that demonstrate and share our DPS Core Values of Integrity, Equity, Accountability, Collaboration, Fun, and putting Students First. DPS has become the fastest-growing large school district in Colorado and is widely recognized today as one of the best urban school systems in the country. DPS is continually reforming and growing. All this growth has its challenges and we need your help. If you like to be part of a team where your contributions and hard work help create the greatest possible environment which positively impacts student learning, you just may be a perfect fit! We have Flexible Schedules! We offer part-time and full-time positions with a variety of shifts so there are options for an opportunity to suit your needs.
About Denver Public Schools:
Denver Public Schools is committed to meeting the educational needs of every student with great schools in every neighborhood. Our goal is to provide every child in Denver with rigorous, enriching educational opportunities from preschool through high school graduation. DPS is comprised of nearly 200 schools including traditional, magnet, charter and alternative pathways schools, with an enrollment of more than 90,000 students.
Under the leadership of Superintendent Susana Cordova and guided by the tenets of The Denver Plan, DPS has become the fastest-growing school district in the country in terms of enrollment and the fastest-growing large school district in the state in terms of student academic growth. Learn more at dpsk12.org.
Denver Public Schools is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, or any other status protected by law or regulation. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.